At the end of every year, the Moving Masters’ team reviews the past twelve months. We reflect on our individual and collective successes, challenges that we have faced as a company, and most importantly our ability to overcome, grow, and learn new ways to provide our customers with the best experience.
Being aware of the current economy as well as the state of the industry is crucial for our team to provide quality corporate and office relocation, government and specialty moving, and commercial storage and warehousing services.
2013 proved to be a challenging year for the commercial moving industry for many reasons including:
- Companies that did require professional assistance more frequently moved “contents only” (boxes and electronics) while moving into new workstations.
- Nationwide driver shortage, creating fierce competition among different types of trucking firms within the industry for an ever decreasing pool of qualified drivers
- Finding and affording decent, low-cost healthcare programs that will attract and maintain a quality workforce
- Less and less large weekend moves – We noticed more clients chose weeknights and weekday moves.
Although there were some challenges to overcome, 2013 ended with some major accomplishments for Moving Masters, including:
- Acquiring another moving company located in Hyattsville, MD potentially increasing revenue by 25%, as well as picking up four qualified drivers.
- General up-tick of business, with future bookings scheduling two to three months ahead
- Growth in our home delivery division, a good direct indicator of an improving economy.
- Other movers calling to ask us for assistance with their projects, thus enhancing our reputation as “the mover’s mover.”
- Overall increase in business, with our sales force busier and busier. In fact, we are in the market for a Sales Manager and actively searching.
Regardless of the ups and downs of our industry, and this year, in particular, the one constant that is Moving Masters is QUALITY. The proof of that is in our claims ratio – .02%. THAT’S TWO-TENTHS OF ONE PERCENT!
What you get with Moving Masters is:
- On time service
- Movers who are friendly and cooperative
- Movers in uniform
- Movers with the correct equipment
- Movers who are technically knowledgeable about moving skills
Give us a try. You’ll never go back to another mover.